Banned supplements WADA question

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Wilko

Banned supplements WADA question

Post by Wilko »

Hi all can anyone enlighten me if any of the following have substances banned by wada or may produce a false positive on a test as far as I've looked nothing seems to be.

Just double checking for reinsurance and peace of mind.

Synthagen
Progenadrex
Kre-anaboyln
Tranquilogen
Activate extreme

I have taken all of these products in the
Last couple of months.

Cheers
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

Synthagen will NOT false positive you, no banned ingredients. If memory serves though, WADA banned ecdysterone some time back. You may want to check with WADA on that (Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract).

I've had Progenadrex used by tested athletes - squeaky clean! TQ? No issues at all. Kre-Anabolyn? No banned ingredients, but it does have RCE, same as Synthagen. Might want to ask WADA about that.

Activate Extreme? I have no confidence AT ALL, as to what Driven sports is putting in their products. Witness the Craze debacle..
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

EDIT: Found it!

Ecdysterone is a naturally occurring phytochemical compound that could be erroneously detected and flagged in synthetic steroid tests. The NFL and WADA added ecdysterone to their list of banned substances in 2010. Athletes and anyone subject to banned substances testing should consult with their physician and athletic organization.

Your best bet would be Progenadrex, which is an analog of Ecdy, but not "Ecdy" as the machine is looking for it. As I previously mentioned, it passed other governing body's tests with flying colors...
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Cheers for the clear up rob.

Can you or anyone else provide a link to where it states ecdysteriods, ecdysterones or Rhaponticum carthamoides extract appears, i've searched all of the WADA site and the current list and the closest I've come to finding anything is the generic "and any relaeted compounds" disclaimer

This leads to me thinking they don't test for them or they're no longer banned?
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

https://www.ergo-log.com/anabolic-effect ... -list.html

Doesn't specifically mention WADA, but I have seen mention WADA banned Ecdy as long ago as 2010
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Thanks

I've got a tested comp in 5 days I've discounted MPS and KA as of yesterday to be safe even though i am pretty shure they wouldn't show up, if they do they should be in small amounts by then and my defense is my diet consists of quinoa and spinach in huge quanitites :D.

But I do doubt it will flag otherwise hundreds of athletes in the past would be getting positives from eating quino and spinach which contain 100mg of ECDY per portion.

Saying that I'll let everyone know if they flag (fingers cross im safe)