USP Labs Taken Down..

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Coach Rob

USP Labs Taken Down..

Post by Coach Rob »

Yep the FDA, DOJ... even the Dept. of Defense got in on this one! Jacob Geissler (CEO) and his co-horts are going away for a LONG time folks. That's what happens, when you put designer stimulant drugs in your pre-workouts - then label them as herbal extracts LOL.

Shenanigans like this are what give our industry a bad name. He sold a LOT more "Jacked3d" than Synthagen, but look where it got him:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015 ... /75943252/

When the details come out as to who in China was making what to put into his products, it's going to shock a lot of people. Big deal here guys/gals, and just one more reason to vote with your dollars.

Support ethical companies like MASS...
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

And it's not over yet!

"The charges against Dallas-based USPlabs come after a year long sweep of 117 individuals and companies that were selling products that potentially harmed consumers..."

And look at this! MASS was warning us about just such a problem YEARS ago.

Consumer ALERT
Are your herbal health supplements spiked?

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/herbal_health ... ments.html

bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I tried the very first iteration of their pre-workout years ago and it felt like I was going to an after hour party at the "red light" (for those who know Montreal)

The feeling was as close as amphetamine can get :shock:
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

It was DMAA Canadian Collossus...

Since "back door banned", despite not data showing it was dangerous/problematic when used as directed. That really isn't the issue here though: It's that USP Labs used it, but falsely attributed its source to a "naturally occurring herbal extract".

When you read TQ's label about Verified Full Spectrum Rhodiola, it really is VFS Rhodiola - not some synthetic junk from China. You may think it's cool to use banned compounds and in some cases I'd agree - so long as you know what you're ingesting!

If you don't, there's NO WAY you can properly judge the risk vs. reward factor. The clowns at USP Labs had NO REGARD for you, your health etc.. They just wanted your $. I'm no fan of the gov't, but the DOJ in this instance was right to shut these guys down/prosecute.