Boosting GABA's effect on HGH?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
papafoster

Boosting GABA's effect on HGH?

Post by papafoster »

Hello Army,
New member & first post here after browsing the forum for the past month. I'm most intrigued by the benefit of GABA on HGH production. I'm very sensitive to supplements so I work with one at a time to establish how it affects me before adding to the cocktail! I've begun including GABA in my PWO drink. Very interesting training effects. My strength is at the same level with less training as it was a year ago. More importantly, I can't get so ramped up before heavy lifts. My brain just won't do it. I've been hitting new PRs in this mellow place. Definitely noticing a positive effect.

Anyway, I like it! & as I understand it, Picamilon further enhances the bioavailability of GABA. Does anyone have any insight into the performance, sleep or HGH enhancement comparison between straight GABA versus Picamilon? Not as a nootropic per se (as I see that's what most discussion regarding Picamilon/Phenibut revolves around), I'm most interested in the HGH response.

And I'm aware of the FDA's action against Picamilon which might make this a moot point altogether. I do have some I bought before it became so hard to find.

Thanks for any advice and input!
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

I'm pleased your benefitting man, really am...

With respect to your inclusion in your post workout drink:

Be careful with other ingredients. Any protein is going to contain large neutral amino acids, which will compete (and win), for GABA's crossing of the blood/brain barrier. Much better to take it PRE workout, as it's been shown to boost BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE GH release, no less than 480%!

Picamilon can be thought of as a more efficient way of getting GABA into the brain. Note however that no GH boosting effect has been demonstrated (yet) that I'm aware of. It SHOULD impart that benefit, but then again it SHOULD give you the same side effects (tingles).

We use it in Tranquilogen as a means of increasing micro-circulation in the brain, something it does better than even the category staple for that purpose.

Keep us updated please!
papafoster

Post by papafoster »

I include it in pre workout drink, didn't realize that PWO could refer to pre & post...

I include BCAAs/niacin/spirulina/green tea extract/creatine mono (looking forward to try Kre-Anabolyn soon). Would any of those compete with GABA?
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

papafoster wrote:I include it in pre workout drink, didn't realize that PWO could refer to pre & post...

I include BCAAs/niacin/spirulina/green tea extract/creatine mono (looking forward to try Kre-Anabolyn soon). Would any of those compete with GABA?
BCAA will compete
papafoster

Post by papafoster »

After dosing GABA pre workout for 2 weeks I can confidently say that it is messing with me. Workouts are pretty good but like I said earlier, I can't get psyched up for a lift no matter how hard I try. Even with BCAAs in the mix, I am certainly feeling the effect of GABA.

Today was the most noticeable... 2+g GABA. Very mellow mentally even when doing singles on Front Squat. Once I finished I was shaky (tremors), flush, tingly, and faint. Felt this way for another 2 hours after finishing. Not cool. Time to try Picamilon pre workout and if that's the same then reserve it for at bedtime (haven't tried that yet).
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

Have you tried caffeine with your pre-workout cocktail? 1 cup of strong black coffee 30 min before the cocktail should take you up for the game, assuming you are not drinking gallon of the thing all day long.
BrainSquirts

Post by BrainSquirts »

papafoster,

...for review, I just skimmed GABA section of BP 3.0 again ...

it's not a cocktail ingredient

... and ...

imo, it's not a peri-wkout ingredient.
ie imo It's best for bedtime only - on an empty stomach.
also imo it should not be taken daily.

re energy / "...can't get psyched up ..."
fwiw, imo, stimulants like caffeine best left alone until you are 'healthy' enough to be intrinsically motivated and ready... this issue likely goes deeper than just CNS issues

What time(s) of day are you working out?

hth
papafoster

Post by papafoster »

I get caffeine from the green tea I use as my liquid base plus the EGCG. I don't like the caffeine high from coffee or pills, it stays in my system forever (slow metabolizer).

Next up will be bedtime GABA use. Currently I'm taking Mucuna Pruriens (L-Dopa) 300mg at bedtime. Great sleep & feeling the positive systemic effects on mood, strength, muscle hypertrophy etc. Once I cycle off of that in a week or two I'll try the GABA.

I concur with AskMass & definitely recommend against pre workout GABA despite the research demonstrating a huge increase in HGH. CoachRob, did you read the results & discussion sections of the research article making those claims? I'm curious if the researchers reported on their subjects' experiences during the exercise sessions... Has anyone else experimented with GABA pre workout?
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

I did and the details surrounding their thoughts/feelings is absent.

It's OK man, you tried it and it doesn't agree with you. I have heard glowing things from others, along with some in your camp as well.

No worries brother, we just re-arrange the timing/pre-bed. You're smart to use L-dopa btw, good move... :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Quickly wanted to point out that we've got factory fresh Gamma GH stock arriving, and these containers give you an extra 25 grams for free!

So many exciting things happening.
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

askmass wrote:Quickly wanted to point out that we've got factory fresh Gamma GH stock arriving, and these containers give you an extra 25 grams for free!

Wow, 25% more for free?! That's pretty cool man, especially on the good stuff. If you've ever used the "cheap" GABA from dubious sources (aka China), you know the difference. It feels dirty, and I dreaded dosing the stuff.

GammaGH by comparison is devoid of any of that nasty feeling. Instead, you get a nice clean feeling/effect for it. Tough to describe, but one dose of GammaGH and you'll never go back.

Economical too, when used in the research proven 3g amounts...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Coach Rob wrote:
askmass wrote:Quickly wanted to point out that we've got factory fresh Gamma GH stock arriving, and these containers give you an extra 25 grams for free!

Wow, 25% more for free?! That's pretty cool man, especially on the good stuff. If you've ever used the "cheap" GABA from dubious sources (aka China), you know the difference. It feels dirty, and I dreaded dosing the stuff.

GammaGH by comparison is devoid of any of that nasty feeling. Instead, you get a nice clean feeling/effect for it. Tough to describe, but one dose of GammaGH and you'll never go back.

Economical too, when used in the research proven 3g amounts...
Speaking of which, we changed the scoop size to measure out exactly 3 grams, Rob. No extra work, or guesswork, anymore.
Coach Rob

Post by Coach Rob »

That's cool.

Research proven dose too. Makes a bottle last a lot longer..