Samuel L. Jackson signs nine-picture Marvel movie deal

Discuss Sports, Music, Movies, Laughs & Life...
Zman42

Samuel L. Jackson signs nine-picture Marvel movie deal

Post by Zman42 »

https://www.mania.com/jackson-so-furyous ... 13334.html
Actor Samuel L. Jackson has inked a 9 picture deal with Marvel to play Nick Fury in a slew of upcoming films, including 'Iron Man 2'.

Just about a month ago Jackson famously groused about failed negotiations on that film saying, "there seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world." At the time it appeared the actor would possibly walk away from the part of Nick Fury, which he'd played as a cameo in the first 'Iron Man'.

Now, apparently, it's crisis averted.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Jackson has inked a deal with the comics studio to play the character in a whopping nine movies. As far as we know, no actor has signed to play a single character in that many films.

In addition to 'Iron Man 2', Jackson will don the eye-patch for 'Thor,' 'Captain America' and 'The Avengers' as well as sequels those films may spawn. The deal also holds the possibility of a 'Nick Fury' (or 'S.H.I.E.L.D.') feature film.
I know it's Ultimate Nick Fury, so I totally am for this. For those not in the comic know, all Marvel movies tend to follow their "Ultimate universe" which are "real world updates" and don't follow the 45 year continuity of the "original universe". I hope that makes sense.

Having grown up with the original Marvel Universe, it's a bit hard for me to get through some of the differences.

I had always hoped they would make an "original universe" Nick Fury (Hassellhoff doesn't count). Look no further than R Lee Ermey...

Image Image
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is the guy who does the GI mail segment on TV?

He's pretty good!
Zman42

Post by Zman42 »

RobRegish wrote:This is the guy who does the GI mail segment on TV?

He's pretty good!
Yeah, best known for playing drill sergeants, because he was one.