Sports and Cardio on BP

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Sporto

Sports and Cardio on BP

Post by Sporto »

I have a question about Sports and cardio while on the BP
I play hockey once or twice a week, plus some soccer every once in a while, not to mention Rollerblading, sprinting and jogging. So how can I incorporate this into the Blue Print, or will I have to drop something? (Regardless... Hockey is staying :D )
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hey Sporto welcome aboard. Glad to have you here..

First, hockey is great and lends itself well to BP. Why? Because it's not this low intensity stuff that passes for "cardio" that chews up muscle and works against us.

Rollerblading, sprinting and jogging. Place for all of it. And here's how I'd personally incorporate:

Sprinting
Jogging
Hockey
Rollerblading

You'll notice I rotate longer duration, lower intensity cardio with higher intensity athletic activities. Doing so keeps not only your mind fresh, but also lends itself to tapping different energy systems (ATP-Glycotic-Aerobic).

So absolutely, incorporate those with your weight training. Just ensure they compliment, not take away from your weights..
Sporto

Post by Sporto »

Thanks!
I didn't know if it would take away from the blueprint(gains, overall theory) It's refreshing to know this can be added to the Blueprint and still make gains
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Absolutely..