Intro

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

Thanks for the clarity. I did the Monday workout yesterday and will do Wednesday tomorrow. anything need clarity there?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I don't think so. Here's the template. Let me know if you need help with anything!

Wednesday

Chest, shoulders and tri's with 1 minute in between sets, 4 total sets for each movement in the 8-10 rep range. Jump set pairings should be as follows:

- Wide grip bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into
- Seated DB shoulder presses for 8-10 reps

Rest 1 minute

- Close grip bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into

Rest 1 minute

- Incline bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into

Rest 1 minute

- Decline bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into

Rest one minute and begin the following:

Triceps

- Decline close grip bench presses for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Skull crushers/lying tricep extensions for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Cable tricep pressdowns for 8-10 reps

REST 1 minute

- Cable tricep pressdowns for 8-10 reps

DONE
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

Ok. 3rd day of famine and did the 2nd workout today. This workout was a killer! Now, I don't think my calories have fluctuated that much between the 3 days but I feel less hungry today than I did yesterday. Is this normal? Is my body trying to adjust or am I eating too much? I want my candy (my sweet tooth is bad)!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Candy craving are normal, feeling "satisfied" is not. No worries, continue on as per the recommendations...
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

RobRegish wrote:Candy craving are normal, feeling "satisfied" is not. No worries, continue on as per the recommendations...
I'm definitely not "satisfied" but I'm certainly not as hungry as I was the first day. If I've been over calories, no way it has been more than 100-150 above the recommended. I have had no sources of large protein though. I have DEFINITELY lost a few pounds and think it is all fat. My girlfriend said to me I looked *oddly* lean last night. Lol - telling me it isn't normal but not to be worried is an oxymoron!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I'd have to agree, not so sure of my first run but the other two I was surprisingly not as hungry as anticipated. And I know my calories were low, and I know I am used to eating. It's the workouts, and workout recovery that hit me hard. Just keep occupied.
Also, talked to my friend as he wrapped up his maintenance phase and even though his weight was up he felt he had leaned out as well.
Hang in there hah, the pay off is on its way.
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

Ok so tomorrow is the last day of famine and the last workout... Whats next!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Rest, sleep and FOOD!
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

Ok so three day break is coming. A few questions:

1- when does calorie shifting come into play?
2- which supplements besides krealkalyn and a vitamin are crucial for my goals knowing that I'm on a tight budget and can you link me?
3- I see the workouts 1-5 for the beginning of feast but at what intervals are they performed (ie every other day)?
4- any foods I should steer clear of or pay close attention too (I LOVE my Buffalo wings and candy haha) either during this mini rest phase or during the feast?
5- For today's workout (last on famine), I do any five sets from legs/back and any five from biceps?
6- When establishing the 1RM, should I stretch before? Warm up before? Shoot for 100% perfect form? I find huge differences in my strength when I warm-up vs. non-warming up, etc.

Ill probably have more questions when I'm not doing this all from my phone and can continue to read more in depth but you guys are great! Thanks for all the help!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK man here we go :)

A. Day 4. 100% of maintenance on workout days, 70% on non-training days.

2- which supplements besides krealkalyn and a vitamin are crucial for my goals knowing that I'm on a tight budget and can you link me?
A. BCAA's suggest bulk BCAA's/Waxy Maize if you can swing it. I'll have to scratch around for a link a bit later.

3- I see the workouts 1-5 for the beginning of feast but at what intervals are they performed (ie every other day)?
A. Frequency will make or break you here. Suggest a one on two off to play it safe. Insert an extra rest day from there if you're still sore/feeling not quite recovered.

4- any foods I should steer clear of or pay close attention too (I LOVE my Buffalo wings and candy haha) either during this mini rest phase or during the feast?
A. Not really. Now you don't want to pile on the junk but provided you observe the calorie limits and get enough quality carbs/protein, you should be fine.

5- For today's workout (last on famine), I do any five sets from legs/back and any five from biceps?
A. Correct. Will be demanding so play it by ear. Remember, I value your health more than your gains. You should too. You'll require a break before starting biceps. Completely understandable...

6- When establishing the 1RM, should I stretch before? Warm up before? Shoot for 100% perfect form? I find huge differences in my strength when I warm-up vs. non-warming up, etc.

Ill probably have more questions when I'm not doing this all from my phone and can continue to read more in depth but you guys are great! Thanks for all the help!

A. My pleasure. We're all here to support you on your journey!
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

RobRegish wrote:OK man here we go :)

A. Day 4. 100% of maintenance on workout days, 70% on non-training days.

A. BCAA's suggest bulk BCAA's/Waxy Maize if you can swing it. I'll have to scratch around for a link a bit later.

A. Frequency will make or break you here. Suggest a one on two off to play it safe. Insert an extra rest day from there if you're still sore/feeling not quite recovered.

A. Not really. Now you don't want to pile on the junk but provided you observe the calorie limits and get enough quality carbs/protein, you should be fine.

A. Correct. Will be demanding so play it by ear. Remember, I value your health more than your gains. You should too. You'll require a break before starting biceps. Completely understandable...

A. My pleasure. We're all here to support you on your journey!
I think you have have missed number 6; although, it isn't time sensitive. ;-) I'd like to order whatever supplements you advise within the next few days so I have them when I start the big stuff. Do you have a maintenance calculator so I can be precise on calories or is the range sufficient?

You da man!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ah shoot, I have missing questions!

A. Yes, absolutely stretch. Please see this thread:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=441

Now on the supps, the BP Mass Stack offered here in the supps section is a great deal. There are of course, other products so check into those too. I prefer the MASS stuff but again, I take no favor.

There are various calculators around but I like to use a general rule of thumb when starting:

BW x 10 = maintenance
BW x 12-15 for bulking
BW x 20 for ectomorphs/young folk with slight builds
BW x down to 8 for dieting

The important point is setting your goals. Bulking? Recomp? Cutting?

Let me know and I'll flip you the strategy. I think you're a bulker though. In that event, consider the descending caloric spiral as outlined in The BP..

I'll check back a bit later. Making smore's with my little boy now :)
hah2110

Post by hah2110 »

Thats messed up... I LOVE smores! I think I actually want to recomp more (if you say that in 6-8 weeks I can replace a good deal of fat with muscle).
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

My son loved them too :)