Footwear..

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Shells wont be a problem but on the beach I would run barefoot no need for a VFF

In my travels I have learned this. My Vibram KSO's are more like being barefoot than not.
When trail running or hiking Table Rock my feet are battered and bruised , roots and my 250lb weight see to be the combo that kills me . I have had bruises the size of a tennis ball on the bottoms of both feet at the same time

My next pair will KSO Treks or Trek Sports which are designed with a bit more of a rugged sole for the trail runner types :)
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

I just tried a few pair on to check fitting and get the proper size. I like the KSO treks and trek sport as well. Crazy thing was each pair seemed to fit different and I thought they fit my toes alittle tight. I might still get a pair but have not decided which ones yet. It might take a few more fittings before I pull the trigger.

Hank, you running in the USMC Mud Run here in Columbia later this month?
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

beachpirate wrote:I just tried a few pair on to check fitting and get the proper size. I like the KSO treks and trek sport as well. Crazy thing was each pair seemed to fit different and I thought they fit my toes alittle tight. I might still get a pair but have not decided which ones yet. It might take a few more fittings before I pull the trigger.

Hank, you running in the USMC Mud Run here in Columbia later this month?
No Bud I hemmed and hawed had a team then didn't have a team and finally I decided I would skip it. Now i kinda wish I signed up . Driving 2+ hours home with mud and sand in crevice's on my body that i didn't know existed will not be missed!

Are you doing it? If so def have to get us some pix
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

No, I'm not much for running. I think I would enjoy completing the course once to see what it's about but I have not run since college.