L-Dopa

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Sisonpyh

L-Dopa

Post by Sisonpyh »

I was doing research on taking l-dopa as a supplement as I noticed it was in Kre-Anabolyn. My main concern was that maybe ones own dopamine and norepinephrine production would be lowered by taking a precursor so often. Found some interesting research on the subject for anyone interested:

https://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/inde ... opic=31823

Found research going both ways, some saying it can desensitize your own production, others saying it is healthy and very beneficial. Anyone else have any other articles on this? If I can find the other ones about desensitizing, I will post them up.

*Not saying MASS is trying to kill us all, actually really want to try there products after I am done with my other two cycles of ebol/ bioforge, just doing some research and want to see what people say. L-dopa is also found in some foods, so its not like we are never taking it in, just am thinking about higher doses and longer periods of time.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I've found no issue in practice with the Ldopa in KA, only benefits. One man's opinion but I've run LOTS of it...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Let me assure you that the style, source and amounts found in KA do not remotely approach what anyone would consider questionable, Sisonpyh.

You assume "high levels", but that is simply not the case. The amounts are significantly less than what the life extension crowd uses as a stand alone and tout as safe and healthy, but the fact of the matter is that it is included as part of a synergistic trio to enhance and reinforce glucose disposal, and to elevate GH in the presence of insulin - not drastically affect dopamine.

It's a good question, though, and we appreciate your interest.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"to elevate GH in the presence of insulin "

This, I believe is part of the key to KA's success. You can elevate GH all day long but with no increase in insulin to facilitate IGF-1 expression, no muscle growth.

For more on that, see Dr. Michael Colgan's Optimum Sports Nutrition.
Sisonpyh

Post by Sisonpyh »

Appreciate the feedback Rob and MASS! I figure it would not be enough to cause any negative effect or damage. Just like doing background research before jumping into a product. I will be trying your products after my last two cycles of ebol/bioforge, seem to be getting quite a bit of recognition around the boards.