GLP Question

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Uwbodybuilding

GLP Question

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

It looks like most of the GLP sample workouts only alternate bench and squat days. I'd like to get better at dead lift and standing military press as well. How would I do that?

What about doing 2 compounds per day. For example:

Bench/deadlift
Rest 3 days
Squat/military press
Rest 3 days
Repeat

???
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's a great plan and perfectly doable.

Nice work spec'ing that out!
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

In this case it looks like an EDT block would kill me. I assume stay away from edt if your doing 2 compounds glp style?
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Ahh UW is here! Welcome to the forums. I would say that would be a lot to recover from. Even if you tried some short EDT sets it may keep you from being at full strength for the next GLP session.
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

dracotdrgn wrote:Ahh UW is here! Welcome to the forums. I would say that would be a lot to recover from. Even if you tried some short EDT sets it may keep you from being at full strength for the next GLP session.
That's what I was thinking.

I also have another general question. Starting in October I will be involved in wrestling until march. I really wanted to start my first blue print run in October. Wrestling practice would be monday, Wednesday, Thursday nights with some saturday tournaments.

Would this type of cardio be too much during BP? One thing I know is that I'll have to up calories big time, 1000+. I probably won't be able to stagger practices and lifting sessions on separate days all the time. Would an 8am lifting session and a 8pm wrestling practice be too much to recover from, given calories and protein are high?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's going to be difficult (but not impossible). You very well may be able to waive workout #3 with that schedule.

Let me know if I can help. Your resting heart rate/weight loss will be key..
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

RobRegish wrote:That's going to be difficult (but not impossible). You very well may be able to waive workout #3 with that schedule.

Let me know if I can help. Your resting heart rate/weight loss will be key..
Which workout number 3 is that?

Also, it's a club I'm a part of. I don't "have" to come if i can't make it. I can skip once in a while..
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I may have missed somthing....why are you waiting until October?
I looked you up a few weeks back on BB, if I remember you do have youth on your side. Recovery seemed to be so much quicker when I was younger....
It's all about listening to your body. That's one of the biggest things I've learned here. When you get there you'll know and we'll be here to help. I would suggest getting through the first phase before starting your season though.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Which workout number 3 is that?

I may have erred here. You were asking about the GLP. Do NOT skip any of those workouts.

When you said you were starting BP that week, I thought you were talking about Famine. 3 workouts during Famine. Given your conditioning schedule, you might not need workout #3...
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

dracotdrgn wrote:I may have missed somthing....why are you waiting until October?
I looked you up a few weeks back on BB, if I remember you do have youth on your side. Recovery seemed to be so much quicker when I was younger....
It's all about listening to your body. That's one of the biggest things I've learned here. When you get there you'll know and we'll be here to help. I would suggest getting through the first phase before starting your season though.
I'm starting in October because I'm on my first contest prep right now. The show is in early October. Wanna hit bulking hard after that!

Thanks rob. I think all of my questions have been answered :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's what I strive for!