Casein

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
DaCookie

Casein

Post by DaCookie »

Ok so I know whey in the majority of supplements is denatured because its heated in the process of making it, what about casein?

Im doing a bulk soon and wanted to have a casein supplement with a lot of milk before bed, heres my choices or what im considering in order of preference

Vasolate, ultra peptide 2.0, ONs casein.

Any other suggestions?If I cant find it from a european supplyer then it will heavily influence me.I can find vasolate and im pretty sure I can find ONs, not sure about ultra peptide.
Big.jazayrli

Re: Casein

Post by Big.jazayrli »

DaCookie wrote:Ok so I know whey in the majority of supplements is denatured because its heated in the process of making it, what about casein?

Im doing a bulk soon and wanted to have a casein supplement with a lot of milk before bed, heres my choices or what im considering in order of preference

Vasolate, ultra peptide 2.0, ONs casein.

Any other suggestions?If I cant find it from a european supplyer then it will heavily influence me.I can find vasolate and im pretty sure I can find ONs, not sure about ultra peptide.
ultra peptide 2.0 - no questions asked.

the cinnamon bun is the most ridiculous protein i've ever tried - amazingly delicious. and the banana is quickly growing on me.

I hate XF chocoPB flavors, but the others are great
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Im quite skeptical of it though cause a different protein source is the 2nd ingredient.Im not 100% sure of how it works in US, but in Ireland you have to have them in order of quantity.EG you buy a pork product, ingredient profile is: Pork(97%) salt(2%), water(1%)

So thats the way it works in the US yeh?

Id go for whichever is better profile wise, not the taste.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

DaCookie wrote:Im quite skeptical of it though cause a different protein source is the 2nd ingredient.Im not 100% sure of how it works in US, but in Ireland you have to have them in order of quantity.EG you buy a pork product, ingredient profile is: Pork(97%) salt(2%), water(1%)

Well i am unsure then. I'm sure different people can tell you why each is better profile-wise. I do know FOR SURE though that i trust thermolife and XF alot more than ON for proteins
SiLkPaDrE

Post by SiLkPaDrE »

You could always check out places like TrueProtein or ProteinFactory, where you can make custom mixes. I plan on making an order from one of them right before football season starts. They have everything you could think of, but do realize that the higher quality stuff will cost you a pretty penny.

Actual food is always nice too. Cottage cheese...:D now there's some high quality casein.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Big.jazayrli wrote:
DaCookie wrote:Im quite skeptical of it though cause a different protein source is the 2nd ingredient.Im not 100% sure of how it works in US, but in Ireland you have to have them in order of quantity.EG you buy a pork product, ingredient profile is: Pork(97%) salt(2%), water(1%)

Well i am unsure then. I'm sure different people can tell you why each is better profile-wise. I do know FOR SURE though that i trust thermolife and XF alot more than ON for proteins
Yeh same but I mean who knows they could have the same source for that and if its not heated(like whey) then would it not be better to go with ONs cause its cheaper and basically the same?ll probably end up going with the vasolate but damn thats expensive stuff.

Yeh I was thinking about using a bulk supplyer but I generally only use them for something that doesnt tend to vary in quality as much.EG BCAAs.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Actually trueprotein is supposed to be pretty good quality. You can get certified cold process whey from there in a blend with one of a few different caseins. Try 1 lb of a few different blends, figure out which tastes best, then bang quality and taste all together in one.