Eggs...

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
xxtotuxx

Eggs...

Post by xxtotuxx »

I know this has been discussed a million times and a few more, but what's the thing w/ the whole eggs ? Is it okay eating 3-4 a day or should that number be lowered and have eggwhites instead?
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Opinion: 3-4 eggs a day for 1 or 2 days in a row is most likely good for you (unless you are genetically intolerant of them). Then, benefits may start to diminish after about the 3rd day, and if you eat 3-4 eggs everyday day in and day out you're likely to end up with a 'sulfured up burp' undigested mess in your guts and bloodstream...
So consider the principle of alternation with this.(as well as other similar questions like is it ok to eat a large steak and/or take large quantities of fish oil everyday day in and day out etc). ie cycle the quantity and take breaks from them per msgs from your body or testing.
I personally fo through phases with eggs where I'm eating them often (2-4 times a week) then all of a sudden stop and go for months rarely even considering them.
hth
xxtotuxx

Post by xxtotuxx »

Yeah, I could do eggs one day and eggwhites the other. Or so 1 egg/2 eggwhites.

Thanks for the help. My main concern w/ the eggs is the cholesterol, since there seems to be so many different reports on this..
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

I remember seeing a study basically about a bodybuilder who ate 12 eggs a day and his cholesterol levels didnt go up.
scump

Post by scump »

DaCookie wrote:I remember seeing a study basically about a bodybuilder who ate 12 eggs a day and his cholesterol levels didnt go up.

probably because eggs have more good cholesterol than bad cholesterol.

there is alot of studies that show they are good for you, not bad.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Whole eggs.

Scump is right, and the yolk has vital enzymes that further the positives.

If one is looking to trim the fat, the rule of thumb for me has always been to toss up to half the yolks, say for an omelet, but never all of them.

A whole egg is one of natures best whole foods.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Bump, my friend says eating eggs non cooked is stupid because the body cant use the protein.Sounds brosciency or is it true?
scump

Post by scump »

DaCookie wrote:Bump, my friend says eating eggs non cooked is stupid because the body cant use the protein.Sounds brosciency or is it true?
its actually kinda true. alot of the proteins cant be digested raw (or something like that) i think you lose like half of the protein in them.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

So you recommend cookin them first and then blendering them like usual?Aslong as I cant taste them when I add honey and cream etc then its fine.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

DaCookie wrote:So you recommend cookin them first and then blendering them like usual?Aslong as I cant taste them when I add honey and cream etc then its fine.
you could eat a blended (cooked) egg?

you are a greater man than I.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

I am yet to try it.Will give feedback...
scump

Post by scump »

yup man definately cook 1st.

i hate eggs, but i can always stomach some good scrambled eggs.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

The more you cook an egg, the more you degrade the protein.

That's a fact.

The hotter the heat, and the longer the duration the more you destroy natures amino balance by turning it into an increasingly harder to digest and less and less bioavailable cross-linked protein.

If mankind on the whole were to stop blasting their foods with excessively high heat (and don't even get me started on microwaves) they would see health and performance increases like they would not believe possible from such a "small" dietary change.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

raw egg..in your shake makes it awesome