Pre-Blueprint Conditioning

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
Takemusu

Pre-Blueprint Conditioning

Post by Takemusu »

Hi Rob,

I was wondering how best to prepare for the Blueprint, given that I've just had 4 months off training. It might sound like slacking off, but it was the honours year of my degree and I was pulling 18 hour days to get through it!

I'm moving to Canada (from Scotland) in a month, and plan to start as soon as I arrive. I was going to re-condition with a basic 5/3/1, but I was wondering if you had any better suggestions for how to prepare for the Blueprint from a layoff?

Thanks very much,

James
Big.jazayrli

Re: Pre-Blueprint Conditioning

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Takemusu wrote:Hi Rob,

I was wondering how best to prepare for the Blueprint, given that I've just had 4 months off training. It might sound like slacking off, but it was the honours year of my degree and I was pulling 18 hour days to get through it!

I'm moving to Canada (from Scotland) in a month, and plan to start as soon as I arrive. I was going to re-condition with a basic 5/3/1, but I was wondering if you had any better suggestions for how to prepare for the Blueprint from a layoff?

Thanks very much,

James
i feel like the answer to this would be different for everyone.

Find a workout program that allows you to push yourself to your limits without hurting yourself (assuming you know your limits) and do that for a few weeks to retrain your CNS

perhaps starting strength of MAX-OT would be beneficial. They both call for gradual increase in overload, which will be good practice.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is a great question and good response too.

You definately want to be in shape to start. In shape as in able to handle a good workload at a good pace. Because Famine gets REAL intense REAL fast.

Do have yourself some good wind, good 1RM strength and a strong CNS. If you're in doubt post some stats up (don't worry, we dont judge here we help) and any exercise form problems/issues you think you might have.

Great question and here to help!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:This is a great question and good response too.

You definately want to be in shape to start. In shape as in able to handle a good workload at a good pace. Because Famine gets REAL intense REAL fast.

Do have yourself some good wind, good 1RM strength and a strong CNS. If you're in doubt post some stats up (don't worry, we dont judge here we help) and any exercise form problems/issues you think you might have.

Great question and here to help!
bah!

*casts judging eyes*

...:D... :roll:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Well, we will encourage you to grow those #'s that's for sure! However, we do so in a positive, constructive fashion.

I can still remember the pain in revealing my starting #'s to an old vet when I asked for help. What I remember more though, was his unabashed willingness to help me b/c he understood how bad I wanted it. He said he'd much rather work with me than with a more advanced guy who had lost his fire.

I never forgot that...