4-hydroxy isoleucine in Kre-Anabolyn and the rebound

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

4-hydroxy isoleucine in Kre-Anabolyn and the rebound

Post by RobRegish »

Some nice evidence piling up as to why Kre-Anabolyn works so well in the famine/feast setup I provide in The Blueprint.

A study done at the University of Montana investigated the impact of 4-hydroxyisoleucine on trained cyclists. The cyclists depleted their glycogen stores (as found in the famine phase) through intense exercise. Following exercise the test group consumed a carbohydrate drink (similar to the feast phase) with 1.8g/kg of body weight and 4-hydroxyisoleucine while the control group consumed only the carbohydrate drink. The test group showed a 60% improvement in carbohydrate replenishment than the control group. Of importance is that the test group did not have higher insulin levels indicating that 4-hydroxyisoleucine improved insulin sensitivity.

Ruby BC, Gaskill SE, Slivica D. Effects of 4-hydroxyisoleucine on rates of post-exercise glycogen resynthesis in trained male cyclists.

Important to note that this was JUST 4-hydroxy causing these effects. You can imagine the positive difference when adding in the creatine, rhaponticum carthamoides extract etc. found in the product. On top of that, if you're using the BCAA loading protocol I suggest in The Blueprint, I'd wager good money more of those amino's get to where we want them too. As always, I suggest you try The Blueprint with and without supplements. This will give you a good idea how much of a punch they really can deliver..
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I can vouch for this first hand after seriously getting back into cycling last year and using a similar protocol.

I take a cap each of Kre-Anabolyn and Multi-Life (med grade multi) with a "cocktail" of MASS PRO Amino (high dose BCAA/Glutamine) mixed in pineapple juice. I sip about a 1/3 of the drink before riding, another 1/3 during and the last 1/3 right after.

It can extend my rides by an extra ten miles verses without it and helps me replenish, recharge and recover near perfectly.

My 2nd and even 3rd "winds" kick in strong with it, too. The endorphin kick is significantly more pronounced.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It is interesting that cyclists are catching on to this.

For the longest time, it was the old carbo drink only formula and cytomax ruled the market. What I find interesting is that cyclists have an objective measure (times over a set distance) and can see it rather readily in the numbers when supplementation is dialed in. Bodybuilders don't have something nearly as objective.

However, if using total tonnage training as I outline in the blueprint you see it rather readily. Especially when using dosing protocol #2 that I recommend (targeted high dose BCAA/Kre-Anabolyn) around the workout.