Muoio117's 1st run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Muoio117

Muoio117's 1st run

Post by Muoio117 »

Alright guys, today is my first day of famine. I decided to make a log because I'm sure it's gonna be a tough week and I'll be needing support from everyone who's already done it. I'll be heading off to my first workout in about an hour. My strength shouldn't be down too much today since it's only day one and I'm working out early. We'll see how it goes. I'm already looking forward to Saturday...
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Good luck man. I started famine today also and I'm starving. I'm sure not looking forward to the next few days.
scump

Post by scump »

haha best of luck you 2!

famine is sht but remember, 5 days of fasting for 40 days of fun/big gains!

try to stick as strictly as possible to the template to ensure your own solid BP gains!
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Thanks for the support guys. Good luck pmartinez78. We'll endure the suffering together and then enjoy the benefits together :)

I did my first workout today and it wasn't too bad. My squat was weaker than normal because I'm used to eating a pretty big breakfast preworkout but today all I had was a banana. I had to lower the weight on the third set to get in 5 reps.

Squat: 165, 165, 155 - 3 x 5, 4, 5 (yes, this is incredibly weak...)

Seated Row: 180 - 3 x 5, 5, 5

BB curl: 90 - 1 x 6

Incline DB curl: 40 - 1 x 6

Preacher curl: 65 - 1 x 7

I'm not too hungry at the moment but I'm sure it will get harder as the week progresses. All I've eaten so far is oatmeal and a banana. I can only eat 1400 cals so I'm trying to spread it out pretty evenly but keep the cals slightly higher at night so I can sleep well. I don't sleep very well if I'm hungry.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Crap! I just realized that I forgot to do some exercises. I completely left out the db row / lat pulldown superset. I really hope that doesn't mess me up too much. Anyone have any input on this? Is there something else I should do to make up for it?
scump

Post by scump »

nice man, keep an eye on those cals! try to space everything out to give you a little energy throughout the day... unless your going warrior style ;)

hey man did you forget to add in your supersets?

you will be fine mate, the point of the famine workouts is to induce a stress over your body, aslong as you push it in your next 2 workouts (if you make it to workout 3) you will be fine!
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

I did the squat w/ cable row superset but I just forgot the second leg/back superset.

And I am watching those cals. I'm at 260 so far, so I still have roughly 1000 left throughout the day.

I'll be sure to push it hard in the next two workouts. I really want this to work so I'll do whatever I need to. Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Muoio117 wrote:Thanks for the support guys. Good luck pmartinez78. We'll endure the suffering together and then enjoy the benefits together :)
Sounds good Muoio117. What's your current goal with the bp? Bulk, recomp, cut?
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

pmartinez78 wrote:
Sounds good Muoio117. What's your current goal with the bp? Bulk, recomp, cut?
This is gonna be a pure bulk for me. I really want to get up to two plates on bench and squat before I start a cut. I'm far away from that goal but I'm hoping BP will slingshot me there :)

If I remember correctly you're doing a recomp, right? Well good luck with that. I'll check out your gains see how they compare to a complete bulk.
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

Muoio117 wrote:Crap! I just realized that I forgot to do some exercises. I completely left out the db row / lat pulldown superset. I really hope that doesn't mess me up too much. Anyone have any input on this? Is there something else I should do to make up for it?
Yeah you did miss a little bit, but I wouldn't sweat it. You're fine. Just make sure to hit it hard next workout!
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

cappla011 wrote:
Yeah you did miss a little bit, but I wouldn't sweat it. You're fine. Just make sure to hit it hard next workout!
Ok, cool. I'll be sure to give it all I've got.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No worries, just stick with the plan.. you should be cursing my name by day 5, likely earlier.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Time for my end of the day report.

I feel restless and I keep squirming. It's like I have more energy but I've only eaten 460 calories so far today. I'm gonna eat some more in a bit. I guess my body is trying to figure out what's happening, lol.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yep, it's starting :)