Green Tea Extract?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Jacos5

Green Tea Extract?

Post by Jacos5 »

Is it okay to be taking Green Tea Extract during the Famine phase? As well as zinc? Thx ahead.
scump

Post by scump »

both should be fine.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I would skip the Zinc, personally.
Jacos5

Post by Jacos5 »

askmass wrote:I would skip the Zinc, personally.
Any particular reason why you would do so?
And thx for the responses guys.
truemuscle

Post by truemuscle »

Although drinking tea is not an appetite suppressant, a study at the University of Chicago found that rats ate less food only when they were injected with a green tea extract but not when they actually drink the tea. That is why it's misleading to say that it is an appetite suppressant because in order for that to work you have to drink green tea constantly or get the extract at much higher levels than what's available on the market. Some supplements have chromium in them as well as green tea. These high levels of chromium are what makes people feel less hungry.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Green tea is fine during famine...
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Just found this today and thought I'd share.
A human study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows findings that a purified extract of green tea may increase energy expenditure and increase fat oxidation by 33%.

The World Health Organization estimates that by 2015, there will be more than 1.5 billion overweight people adding to healthy costs above $117 billion per year. This is just in the US alone.

Green tea has been studied intensely for a little while now and the focus has been on the compound epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). The three ways they are studying EGCG to help with weight loss is with increased energy metabolism and fat oxidation, inhibit fat cell development, or reduce lipid absorption and increase your fat excretion.

Some scientists have reported that caffeine must also be present for EGCG to be beneficial to weight loss.

Research that was performed in collaboration with researchers from the University of Medicine Berlin confirm that there is a link between caffeine and EGCG. Though they also found that both compounds produce similar effects by themselves.

When tested a daily dose of 300mg of EGCG produced a 33% increase in fat oxidation, while a daily dose of 200mg of caffeine produced a 34.5% increase.

When both compounds were combined the fat oxidation increased by almost 50% according to the scientists.

The results produced with the combination of EGCG and caffeine may be related to the time that each compound remains in the blood stream. EGCG remains in your blood for about 2 hours after ingestion and caffeine remains in your blood stream for about 4 hours.

This is beneficial because it helps with both early and late postprandial fat oxidation. Suggested to be taken in the morning and then again in the mid-afternoon so that your fat oxidation can be potentially elevated all day long.

Other studies have supported this evidence and Dr. Josh Lambert at Penn State states that human intervention studies indicate that consumption of tea might promote weight loss, help maintain body weight following weight loss and prevent the development of some diseases associated with obesity such as diabetes and fatty liver disease.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Another fantastic contribution by the great one (Draco).

Thanks man. You add so much value here you don't even know...
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Thanks Draco.

Green tea is worth a try for everyone. Some respond well, some neutral, and a few report negative experiences / side effects, etc.

Just a bro-science side note - when I do higher dosages of green tea and/or extracts I also keep iodine supplementation up... high fluoride levels in green tea... fluoride competes with / tries to substitute in for iodine in certain key parts of the brain... also do the same if (real) spirulina intake levels are high
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

BrainSquirt wrote:Thanks Draco.

Green tea is worth a try for everyone. Some respond well, some neutral, and a few report negative experiences / side effects, etc.

Just a bro-science side note - when I do higher dosages of green tea and/or extracts I also keep iodine supplementation up... high fluoride levels in green tea... fluoride competes with / tries to substitute in for iodine in certain key parts of the brain... also do the same if (real) spirulina intake levels are high
Damn Brain.

Time to write a book of your own. I'm serious man, you have SO much going on between the ears.... please share it!! I know I'd buy it :)