All endomorphs, read this, its very important to your goals

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
matter2003

All endomorphs, read this, its very important to your goals

Post by matter2003 »

I feel so strongly about this based on what I am doing now and how well it is working, I feel this should be stickied. Its taken me almost 37 years to realize this very simple thing is what has likely caused me to have such trouble losing fat over the years.

You can eat protein and fat together and its not an issue.
You can eat protein and carbs together and its not an issue(within reason with the carbs).
If you eat carbs and fat together, you are going to gain fat.

As an endomorph, we are already somewhat to very insulin resistant. Insulin is a storage hormone, and when the body is having issues trying to get it where it is supposed to go, the fat ends up being stored as fat, especially if its animal fat.

I have lost so much fat so quickly between making sure I just stopped doing this and cycling through various IF patterns, in such a short period of time, I had to write something about it. I am down 16 pounds in a little under 5 weeks. I would have thought this was impossible previously. I have always had an easy time gaining muscle and fat, but losing fat has been a totally different story. I am pretty sure there are a lot of endo's in the same boat as me.

If you are wanting to see something that will make a big difference immediately, stop eating carbs and fat together. I promise you, you will be very happy you did.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll give this a try and see how it goes.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Gotta say i do the opposite when trying to gain weight but im meso/ecto, I really load up on the raw milk, cashews when trying to gain some serious weight.I can see the basis for this but it doesn't concern me as much but to those it does they should read up.Its easy for me to lose fat but hard to gain fat and gain muscle, don't think Ive ever been above 13-14% bf.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:Gotta say i do the opposite when trying to gain weight but im meso/ecto, I really load up on the raw milk, cashews when trying to gain some serious weight.I can see the basis for this but it doesn't concern me as much but to those it does they should read up.Its easy for me to lose fat but hard to gain fat and gain muscle, don't think Ive ever been above 13-14% bf.
Yeah, you don't have the insulin resistance issues we do, which allows you to pretty much do whatever you want and not gain fat...meanwhile I look at a box of cookies and gain a pound of fat :-)

Endo's just have to do things differently in a lot of regards to be able to get lean...sucks, but that is just how it is..
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

matter2003 wrote:
DaCookie wrote:Gotta say i do the opposite when trying to gain weight but im meso/ecto, I really load up on the raw milk, cashews when trying to gain some serious weight.I can see the basis for this but it doesn't concern me as much but to those it does they should read up.Its easy for me to lose fat but hard to gain fat and gain muscle, don't think Ive ever been above 13-14% bf.
Yeah, you don't have the insulin resistance issues we do, which allows you to pretty much do whatever you want and not gain fat...meanwhile I look at a box of cookies and gain a pound of fat :-)

Endo's just have to do things differently in a lot of regards to be able to get lean...sucks, but that is just how it is..
You aint got it all bad, the mass building side is definitely a big plus
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:
matter2003 wrote:

You aint got it all bad, the mass building side is definitely a big plus
Yeah, that is true...now I believe I have a way to basically add pure muscle with little to no fat...I am so excited to bulk this way with synthagen because I think I am going to pile on muscle pretty quick...
austinb37

Post by austinb37 »

I gotta agree with Matter here. I have Endo tendencies and seem to do best on a high fat low carb diet. Eating all the fat allows me to be full and eat under maintenance levels and loose fat more easily.

Another thing that has helped me is removing the milk from diet, which has sucked... but I'm much leaner. Milk is an insulin/growth factor spiking food and is awesome for recovery but it seems to make you big everywhere including your fat stores.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

austinb37 wrote:I gotta agree with Matter here. I have Endo tendencies and seem to do best on a high fat low carb diet. Eating all the fat allows me to be full and eat under maintenance levels and loose fat more easily.

Another thing that has helped me is removing the milk from diet, which has sucked... but I'm much leaner. Milk is an insulin/growth factor spiking food and is awesome for recovery but it seems to make you big everywhere including your fat stores.
I haven't drank milk in almost 2 months now after I saw a picture of what one of the cows looked like. Most disgusting thing I have ever seen...they look like a cow version of Jabba The Hut, all pumped up with hormones and antibiotics, that inevitably end up in the milk along with pus and blood because the poor things are so sick, not too mention have extreme amounts of inflammation from eating a diet high in grain(cows are supposed to eat grass) that makes them very sick. Once I read how the same cow produces 50,000 gallons of milk per year now when it used to produce 2,000 gallons of milk in the 1960's, I decided I would never drink store bought milk again. It literally turns my stomach to even look at it now, and I used to drink almost a gallon of it a day and loved the taste...

Now I drink Olive Oil for my fat instead....
arphaksad

Post by arphaksad »

Interesting post. I'm also an endo and having a real tough time with fat loss. What about raw goat yogurt or kefir? Should I stop that too? Want to lose 20 lbs and it's just not coming off
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

arphaksad wrote:Interesting post. I'm also an endo and having a real tough time with fat loss. What about raw goat yogurt or kefir? Should I stop that too? Want to lose 20 lbs and it's just not coming off
Raw is perfectly fine, and I believe kefir is fermented and supposed to be good for you. Do you know your body fat percentage? I would start eating about 250 calls a day under maintenance, with a cheat day once a week followed by a 24 hr fast. Cheat say resets lepton, which will optimize fat burning and the fast day right behind it will burn pure fat as energy. Also try to eat 1.5g of protein per lb of LBM and reduce carb intake to .5g per pound of LBM. The rest should be made up of healthy fat(I prefer olive oil/coconut oil). So for instance, I am taking in about 2400 cals right now, I weigh 190 lbs with 12% bf, protein is around 242g per day, fat 116g per day, and carbs 85g per day...
arphaksad

Post by arphaksad »

Don't know my BF% but it's probably around 30%. My diet is decent. Eating low carb paleo type foods and working out. I think I need to start tracking what I eat.