Lower Back Issues? This is a GodSend....

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
matter2003

Lower Back Issues? This is a GodSend....

Post by matter2003 »

My trainer has me doing this every day as a way to help prevent problems and help with some lower back issues I have from heavy deadlifts and squatting...After doing these for a month, my lower back which would always have some type of annoying dull aching to it is pretty much free of that for the first time in forever...

Its called Foundation Training and I do it every morning...the intro I did for 2 weeks was about 4-5 minutes long and this one is 12 minutes...best 12 minutes I ever spent in the morning...

Basically it re-teaches you how to properly use your posterior chain...hamstrings, butt, lower back...in some ways you are doing exactly what you'd do during a deadlift(weight back on heels, braced back, chest up, etc), but then doing other things with it and various stretches, movements, etc that REALLY help...

Anyways, here are the videos, they are free on youtube, I pretty much HDMI them from my PC to my TV so I am doing them in front of the TV, but anyway you can do it is fine...I highly, highly, highly, highly, highly(cannot say highly enough times) recommend this to anyone that has lower back issues, tightness, etc...it's been the best thing I ever have done for it...can't wait to see how I feel over the next month as I continue to do it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOgxWp0WyiI(intro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI(more advanced)

Make no mistake though...this is HARD work...your butt, hamstrings and low back will be fried after this...a really interesting side effect from this is my hamstrings and butt have actually grown from this...not sure if its from the constant extra use its getting every morning, the creating of micro-trauma in the muscle fibers from the stretching, etc or just the motions itself which basically focus your entire body weight on these areas, but my boxer-briefs are getting to the point where my legs and butt can almost not fit in them and my pants are getting even tighter...the funniest part is, my training has really reduced the leg work I had been doing...in fact specific leg days are every other week now...I still do some minor work on legs on other days(for instance yesterday was a "Primal Workout") which he has me focusing on movements humans do naturally(ie, Turkish Get Ups, Walking Lunges, Pushing/Pulling/Turning movements, Medicine Ball Slams/Throws, etc) but not enough that I would see any growth from it...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

FANTASTIC tip Matter, thanks for sharing.

Is it performed every day?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:FANTASTIC tip Matter, thanks for sharing.

Is it performed every day?
He has me doing it every day first thing in the morning after I wake up...I suppose it can be done a few times a week but I think best results would be doing it every day...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Glad to hear it's working!

Another Matter blockbuster, you'll only find here...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Glad to hear it's working!

Technically I can't take credit...I never heard of this until my trainer made me start doing it daily
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:
RobRegish wrote:Glad to hear it's working!

Technically I can't take credit...I never heard of this until my trainer made me start doing it daily
But you shared it here, that's what matters...